POSITION: Master Electrician
SUPERVISOR: Weatherization Director
PAY RATE: $25.92 per hour to $31.10 per hour
WORK SITE: Sheboygan Office
Perform electrical work consisting of replacement of Knob & Tube wiring, installation of ventilation fans, service panel replacement and general wiring to meet building code standards. This position requires a one on one working relationship with program clientele, and is essential to the agency's public image through strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Pre Employment Drug Screening Required
Background Check Required
- Install bath fans, range fans and other airflow devices in accordance with code and programmatic requirements.
- Remove Knob & Tube wiring in attics and sidewalls and rewire in accordance with weatherization programs requirements and the NEC.
- Repair minor electrical deficiencies.
- Install service panels as needed or install add on boxes.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of tools and supplies as assigned.
- Perform a variety of activities normally performed by a licensed electrician including; wiring new electrical circuits, installing electric appliances, panels and devices, replacement of faulty wiring, troubleshooting electrical problems, etc.
- Assist with other aspects of weatherization jobs as needed.
- Attend meetings and training seminars for continual education as required.
- Must hold current Master Electrician License (state of Wisconsin).
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in Residential Electrical field.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, proof of auto liability insurance.
- Ability to work in demanding environments with people of diverse personalities.
- Must possess or be able to obtain State Certified Lead Supervisor license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain State Certified Asbestos Supervisor license.
- Must possess basic carpentry skills.
- Experience in weatherization techniques and product installation is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of hazardous materials found in older construction.
- Must demonstrate good working habits, including punctuality, motivation and compliance with rules and regulations.
- Must have the capability of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to meet physical demands required to complete assigned tasks. Physical demands may include:
- Working in tight or confined spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
- Work in extreme hot and cold temperatures such as in attics or outdoors.
- Lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Working at heights (ladder or on a roof) using PPE
An Equal Opportunity Employer Functioning Under an Affirmative Action Plan
Insurance: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Leave and Holidays: Vacation, Paid Holidays
Retirement & Financial: Retirement
Education and Training: Paid Training, Tuition Reimbursement
Other Benefit: 6% Employer Contribution in Simplified Employee Pension Plan,
Partners for Community Development, Inc. is a non profit community-based agency committed to providing housing related services.
How to apply:
or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
Partners for Community Development, Inc.
1407 S. 13th Street, Sheboygan, WI 53081