POSITION: Weatherization Technician
SUPERVISOR: Weatherization Foreman
PAY RATE: $15.51 - $18.61 per Hour.
WORK SITE: Sheboygan - Manitowoc, Sheboygan, and Ozaukee Area
Under the supervision of the Foreman, perform such duties that relate to rehabilitation and weatherization of customers’ homes and the duties necessary in the preparation and completion of home improvement and weatherization services. These duties include, but are not limited to, insulation of attic, insulation of sidewall and floor, installation of windows, doors, vents, weather-stripping and other weatherization, home repair and energy measures as assigned.
Pre Employment Drug Screening Required
Background Check Required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible to and report to assigned foreman.
- Assist in loading and unloading of department vehicles.
- Assist with the maintenance and inventory control of equipment, tools and materials.
- Develop and use skills in home improvement, rehabilitation, weatherization and energy saving techniques.
- Safely and adequately operate tools and equipment utilized in the performance of tasks.
- Responsible for satisfactory completion of assigned work.
- Attendance and participation in work related training and seminars as directed by supervisor.
- Compliance with partners Policies as determined by the Board of Directors and with State and Local Program guidelines relating to program operations.
- Assist in the necessary operations for the preparation of and completion of home repair, home improvement, and weatherization tasks (i.e. measurers and clean-up).
- Respect customers' property and personal matters. Maintain client personal information confidentiality.
- Collaborate with Foreman, Operations Supervisor, Production Manager, Programs Director to ensure and manifest a joyful working environment and professional relationship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to learn the operation of blower door, pressure diagnostic, detector gauge, carbon monoxide digital analyzer and tester, furnace analyzer and tester and other equipment required for the job.
- knowledge of home improvement, carpentry and/or weatherization techniques.
- Ability to work in a demanding environments.
- Ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks and work at heights of up to four (4) story building.
- Wisconsin drivers license and/or commitment to acquire such.
- Ability and willingness to learn to read work orders, WX Audtis, HQS requirement, CABO requirement and local code.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Functioning Under an Affirmative Action Plan
Insurance: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Leave and Holidays: Vacation, Paid Holidays
Retirement & Financial: Retirement
Education and Training: Paid Training, Tuition Reimbursement
Other Benefit: 6% Employer Contribution in Simplified Employee Pension Plan,
Partners for Community Development, Inc. is a non profit community-based agency committed to providing housing related services.
How to apply:
or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
Partners for Community Development, Inc.
1407 S. 13th Street, Sheboygan, WI 53081