POSITION: Energy Auditor
SUPERVISOR: Weatherization Director
PAY RATE: $19.94 per hour to $28.72 per hour
WORK SITE: Brown Deer, North Milwaukee Area
The Energy Auditor will be responsible for quality control, energy audits, field inspections and the completion of all the necessary documents related field activities.
Pre Employment Drug Screening Required
Background Check Required
- Enter all handwritten audit information into the computer, prepare work orders, agreements, purchase orders, send out bid requests for heating equipment if required and all the necessary documents that are required leading up to the completion of a Weatherization job.
- Participate in required training and meetings, and develop strong computer skills to adequately perform computerized work and WISWAP duties. Read, decipher and adhere to the rules and regulations on Weatherization Manual and Weatherization Field Guide.
- Perform final inspections on all weatherized homes, and take the steps necessary to authorize the correction of deficiencies, and coordinate the performance of quality control checks on all completed units within three months of their completion.
- Work very close with foreman performing work on projects you audited and provided a work order. Ensure that issues encountered by foreman on the job are worked out. Do not allow changes to the work order without your approval.
- Assist in the duties of other employees during their absence and/or when assigned. Perform weatherization measures unassisted on jobs that are determined to be “one person jobs”.
- Developed a close relationship with sub-contractors performing work on jobs you provided an energy audit and work order.
- Assist the Weatherization Director, on an as needed basis, in selecting, based on priority of case, schedule and perform weatherization audits in conjunction with Home HQS inspections for all housing programs following guidelines set forth by the state/federal government.
- Implement all aspects of the HOME Rental Rehabilitation and Program, including but not limited to client relations, reporting and filing appropriate forms and reports, supervising constructors performance, and ensuring contract compliance.
- Assist in the duties of others during their absence.
- Foster relationships with peers, and supervisors to ensure a harmonious work environment and professional relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/ or the Weatherization Director.
- Educational and/or professional experience in the areas of carpentry, insulation or any other related building trade.
- Computer knowledge and experience preferred.
- Capacity and willingness to learn the operations of the blower door, pressure diagnostic detector, carbon monoxide tester and other new products and equipment to improve older dwelling, and be willing to share and train other personnel these skills.
- Capacity and willingness to seek Licenses and Certification in the Home Improvement, Home Rehabilitation, Weatherization and Energy Conservation Professional Field.
- Ability to work in demanding environments and with people of diverse personalities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid Wisconsin Driver’s License, Auto Insurance, preferably with a good driving record.
- Able and willing to train unskilled and skilled personnel under their supervision.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Functioning Under an Affirmative Action Plan
Insurance: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Leave and Holidays: Vacation, Paid Holidays
Retirement & Financial: Retirement
Education and Training: Paid Training, Tuition Reimbursement
Other Benefit: 6% Employer Contribution in Simplified Employee Pension Plan,
Partners for Community Development, Inc. is a non profit community-based agency committed to providing housing related services.
How to apply:
or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
Partners for Community Development, Inc.
1407 S. 13th Street, Sheboygan, WI 53081