POSITION: Energy Auditor
SUPERVISOR: Weatherization Director
PAY RATE: $20.00 per hour to $26.00 per hour
WORK SITE: Sheboygan Area
The Energy Auditor assesses homes for energy efficiency improvements to be performed and conducts follow-up inspections on eligible client homes. They are responsible for quality control, energy audits, field inspections, completion of all the necessary documentation, and related field activities.
Pre Employment Drug Screening Required
Background Check Required
- Enter all handwritten audit information into the computer, prepare work orders, agreements, purchase orders, send out bid requests for heating equipment if required and all the necessary documents that are required leading up to the completion of a Weatherization job.
- Participate in required training and meetings, and develop strong computer skills to adequately perform computerized work and WISWAP duties. Read, decipher and adhere to the rules and regulations on Weatherization Manual and Weatherization Field Guide.
- Perform final inspections on weatherized homes as assigned, take the steps necessary to authorize the correction of deficiencies, and coordinate the performance of quality control checks on all completed units within three months of their completion.
- Work very close with foreman performing work on projects you audited and provided a work order. Ensure that issues encountered by foreman on the job are worked out. Do not allow changes to the work order without your approval.
- Assist in the duties of other employees during their absence and/or when assigned. Perform weatherization measures unassisted on jobs that are determined to be “one person jobs”.
- Develop a close relationship with sub-contractors performing work on jobs you provided an energy audit and work order.
- Assist the Program Manager, on an as needed basis, in the selection process based on priority of the cases. Schedule and perform weatherization audits in conjunction with Home HQS inspections for all housing programs following guidelines set forth by the state/federal government.
- Implement all aspects ot the HOME Rental Rehabilitation and Program, including but not limited to client relations, conducting HQS inspections, developing project work scopes, supervising contractors performance, and ensuring contract rehabilitation compliance.
- Assist in the duties of others during their absence.
- Foster relationships with peers, and supervisors to ensure a harmonious work environment and professional relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Weatherization Director, and/or the Program Manager.
- Educational and/or professional experience in the areas of energy audit, carpentry, insulation or any other related building trade.
- Prefer someone with Quality Control Inspector certification from the Building Performance Institute.
- Computer knowledge and experience preferred.
- Capacity and willingness to learn the operations of the blower door, pressure diagnostic detector, carbon monoxide tester and other new products and equipment to improve older dwelling, and be willing to share and train other personnel these skills.
- Capacity and willingness to seek licenses and certification in the Home Improvement, Home Rehabilitation, Weatherization and Energy Conservation Professional Field.
- Ability to work in demanding environments and with people of diverse personalities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid Wisconsin Driver’s License, Auto Insurance, preferably with a good driving record.
- Able and willing to supervise and train unskilled and skilled personnel under your supervision.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Functioning Under an Affirmative Action Plan
Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
Leave and Holidays: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
Retirement: Retirement Plan
Education and Training: Paid Training, Tuition Reimbursement
Partners for Community Development, Inc. is a non profit community-based agency committed to providing housing related services.
How to apply:
or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
Partners for Community Development, Inc.
1407 S. 13th Street, Sheboygan, WI 53081